Orange January is just around the corner, and as indicated in my earlier post, this month’s challenge will include prizes!
I’ve collected many books over the past six months to give away during Orange January. These books are gently used, including some ARCs, and looking for a good home!
How do you win a prize? Throughout January, I will post a question or short task on the Orange January/July Facebook page along with the book title that’s up for grabs. I live in the Eastern Time Zone in the U.S. and will have the question/task posted between 6-8am EST.
You must answer the question or leave a comment about the task on the Facebook page to be eligible for that day’s drawing. I will close the drawing at 9pm EST and announce the winner immediately thereafter. The winners will be drawn at random, the drawings are open to all countries and you can win more than one book. Winners will be announced on the Orange January/July Facebook page, and I will send you a personal message through Facebook to let you know that you’re a winner.
So what’s on the prize list? Many are Orange Prize winners or nominees. Some books were nominated for other prestigious prizes, while others are ones I think are just plain good. All are written by women.
Here’s the list in alpha order by book title (Please note: This is not the order of the book drawings!):
- A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O’Connor
- Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund
- The Accidental by Ali Smith
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- The Dark Room by Rachel Seiffert
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
- The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer
- Lark & Termite by Jayne Anne Phillips
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- The News Where You Are by Catherine O’Flynn
- The Quickening by Michelle Hoover
- Regeneration by Pat Barker
- The Septembers of Shiraz by Dalia Sofer
- Small Wars by Sadie Jones
- Trespass by Rose Tremain
- The White Woman on the Green Bicycle by Monique Roffey
Ready for some fun? Be sure to check on the Facebook page starting January 1, and we’ll get the fun started. Thank you for participating in Orange January 2011!