Who’s ready to win some books?
It’s now a wonderful tradition to host book giveaways to spruce up Orange January. These books are from my personal collection, and it’s my pleasure to share them with readers from around the world.
Rules and Tips:
1. Giveaways are open to all Orange January 2012 participants.
2. When a book is up for grabs, I will write a blog post about it. In the blog post, you’ll be asked to answer a question or complete a short task. Please comment on the blog if you want to be entered into that day’s drawing. Drawings close at 9pm eastern, unless otherwise noted.
3. Open to all people, no matter where you live. I ship books all over the world, from South Africa to Switzerland!
4. The books I’ve chosen for the giveaways include Orange Prize winners, nominees and books by female authors that I like. It’s entirely subjective.
5. The giveaways are all used books – hardcovers, paperbacks and Advanced Reader Editions.
6. You can win more than one giveaway.
7. Books will be shipped once Orange January concludes so I can bundle up multiple winners’ books.
8. The best way to keep track of what’s up for grabs is to subscribe to my blog. Look for the big black “Sign Me Up” button on the top right-hand side. I will post links to the giveways on our Facebook page too.
Without further adieu….
We have winners:
And some shortlisters:
The Magician’s Assistant by Ann Patchett (1998)
Homestead by Rosina Lippi (2001)
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2004)
The Observations by Jane Harris (2007)
Lottery by Patricia Wood (2008)
Scottsboro by Ellen Feldman (2009)
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (2010)
Great House by Nicole Krauss (2011)
And plenty of longlisters too:
Gilgamesh by Joan London (2004)
Case Histories by Kate Atkinson (2005)
Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld (2006)
A Mercy by Toni Morrison (2009)
The Personal History of Rachel DuPree by Ann Weingarber (2009)
Swamplandia! by Karen Russell (2011)
The Secret Lives of Baba Segi’s Wives by Lola Shoneyin (2011)
Finally, other books (maybe a future Orange Prize nominee?):